Are you new to state agency records management or need a refresher on the basics? This 30 minute video course is geared toward state agency records management officers and records liaisons.
In the video, we cover:
- The basic concepts of records management: legal obligations, definitions, and how to read a retention schedule.
- Learn some practical tips on managing email, and get some guidance on how to identify and protect vital state records.
- We will also cover the disposition process for how to handle records at the end of their life cycle.
- Gain an understanding of the various types of records emergencies which may occur in Texas.
- Understand the state's legal obligation to protect vital records.
- Learn how to identify, protect, and ensure access to your vital records.
- Learn how to prepare, respond to, and recover from a records emergency.
- Apply fundamental records retention principles to the management of electronic records.
- Learn tips for managing email and other digital information in a way that facilitates retrieval and ultimately disposition at the end of the retention period.
- Understand challenges of long-term preservation of electronic records and determine appropriate methods for ensuring access.
- Create and implement electronic records management policies and training programs